Internal Audit Masterclass (Chennai)
Internal Audit today is just no more a function of cross check overs of the accounts of a company. Today internal audit as a function has evolved into an indispensable control tool in the hands of the management to effectively and efficiently run the show. It has come up a long way in becoming a strategic business partner to the organization in evaluating the adequacy of internal controls and assessing the extent of compliance with applicable laws and regulations, policies and procedures and suggesting ways to reduce the costs and enhance profitability. In a fast-changing regulatory environment and growing ambitions, internal audit function calls for an assertive approach towards corporate governance by providing effective and independent assurance to the board and management on how key business processes are managed and strategies are implemented to achieve organizational objective.
CorpKonnect’s upcoming Internal Audit Masterclass will provide relevant insights on the evolving dynamics of an internal audit function, international best practices of control mechanisms, emerging challenges of the profession and a facilitator of governance.
Benefits of the Masterclass:
- Understand the newer dimensions of an internal audit function
- Uncover new strategies for aligning internal audit for stakeholder interest protection
- Implementation of a risk based approach
- Learn and explore the power of technological tools in your hands for the job
- Learn more on the emerging challenges of an internal audit function in a more digital business world
Session 1: Changing Dynamics of Internal Audit – Key Perspectives
- Governance Risk and Compliance – Modern Day Challenges for IA
- Real Case Studies
- Challenges of Internal Audit in a more digital business world
- Enhancing the Value Creation through Internal Audit
Session 2: Risk Based Internal Auditing
- What is RBIA & Why RBIA
- COSO Model
- Top Global Risks 2017- World Economic Forum
- Building a Risk Aware Enterprise- Risk Identification & Evaluation
- Approach & Implementation - Methodology & techniques/ ERM/ Risk Score/ Heat Map etc
- Risk management process & Internal Audit engagement planning
Some Practical Case Studies on ERM
Session 3: Modern Day Technology and Internal Audit
- Latest Developments in Data Analytics in Internal Audit
- Fraud Investigation and Forensic Accounting – Internal Auditor’s Perspective
- Misuse of Data – Points of Caution in Data Digging
Case Study on Implementation of an Automated Analytical framework
Case Studies on Fraud Investigation
Session 4: Cyber Security – Role of Internal Audit
- Audit committee’s role in Cyber Security
- Transforming Cyber Defence System
- Framework for Cyber Risk Management
- Internal Audit Plan to address cyber risk
Real Life Case Studies
Director - Risk Advisory Services
Srinivas, a CFE professional and has wide experience in assessment of financial/non-financial risks associated with business. This was attained through hardcore industry experience/knowledge. Srinivas has completed approximately 600 risk consulting assignments.
Specialties: Compliance issues, business knowledge, business intelligence (mergers & acquisitions), Investigative Due Diligence, Competitive Intelligence, Market Intelligence, Commercial Due Diligence, Fraud & Misconduct Investigations, Computer Forensics, FCPA, Fraud Risk Assessment, Contract Compliance, and Dispute Advisory Solutions.
Kumar & Raj, Chartered Accountants
Vittal Raj is a Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, he is also a CISA,CISSP, CISM, CGEIT, CIA, CFE & DISA.
He is a specialist trainer on IT Governance and COBIT, IT Risk Management, Information Security, Cyber Forensics & Cyber Law, and ERM and has presented papers in national and international conferences and contributes to various national and international journals. He has directed and managed projects in the areas of Information Systems Security Implementation, Enterprise Risk Management Framework Implementations, IT Assurance, Cyber Crime Forensics & Cyber Law Consulting, SOX IT, COBIT Gap Analysis & Implementation, ISMS Maintenance Audits, Application Controls Audit, Network & Web Application Vulnerability Assessments.
He is a Past President and Presently Director on Board of ISACA Chennai Chapter
Yoganandh & Ram Llp
Senior Manager - Enterprise Risk Services
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India
Kalaiselvi is a Senior Manager in the Risk Advisory practice focusing on controls assurance, Internal Audits, process improvement, internal control evaluation and project management services. She has more than 17 years of experience in industries such as Information Technology, Construction, Banking, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical and Publishing. She specializes in Sarbanes Oxley audits, SSAE 16 / ISAE 3402 assessments, Internal Controls review , Internal Audits and Information Security and Risk Assessments.
Kalaiselvi has led many large internal audit assignments in Banking, Manufacturing, Construction, Retail and trading sectors.
Kalaiselvi is a Chartered Account, Certified Information Systems Auditor and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control. She is also an accredited facilitator of Deloitte for delivering training on controls assurance.
Registration Fees: INR 8,500 + 18% GST Per Delegate
Avail 10% early bird discount on 2 or more registrations till 18th Aug
Note: The fees would include Course Material, Participation Certificate and Lunch & Refreshments at the Hotel
Modes of Payment and Registration:
Online Registrations through Credit/Debit Card : Click Here
For Offline registration through Cheque/DD/ and NEFT: Please contact the below mentioned:
Mob No: 8130826342