GST - Post Migration Masterclass (Gurgaon)
GST has been introduced in India from 1st July 2017. Post Migration there are a lot of key areas of concern like Immediate Compliance requirements, Input Tax Credit Mechansim, Payment of Taxes, Maintenance of Accounts, Invoicing. There are key very large areas of concern for the industry like Anti Profiteering Mechanism and the newly introduced E Way Bill where there`s a lot of information still under the wraps. Post Migration there are expectations on clarity on some of these issues from the government.
In order to address those key areas of concern, CorpKonnect is organizing a Full Day Methodical Masterclass on GST - Post Migration Issues and Key Focus Areas of compliance.
Objectives of the Masterclass:
- Understand the basic mechanism of GST
- Better preparedness to comply with immediate compliance requirements
- To build practical knowledge and analysis of GST obligations
- Understanding the Key areas of Input Tax Credit for business benefits
- Smoothening your transition to GST from the existing system
Who should Attend
- CFOs, Director Finance and other Senior Finance Professionals
- Tax Heads and Senior Tax Professionals
- Indirect Tax professionals such as VP, AVP, Sr. Managers and Managers
- Tax Lawyers
- Practising Chartered Accountants
- Supply Chain Professionals, Legal Professionals and all those stake holders who get affected by GST
Session 1: Concept of Indian GST
- Concept of `Supply`
- Supply without Consideration
- Time of Supply
- Place of Supply
GST Latest Developments
GST – Key Impact Areas on Business Functions
Session 3: Input Tax Credit
- Taking input tax credit
- Taking input tax credit in respect of inputs sent for job work
- Distribution of credit by Input Service Distributor
- Recovery of credit distributed in excess
- Transfer of input tax credit
Anti-Profiteering – Industry Issues
Composition Levy, E Way Bill and Other Issues
Other key concern areas post Migration
Session 3: GST Compliance – Deadlines and Processes
GST Return Filing Process & Due Dates:
- Filing GSTR-1
- Filing GSTR-2
- Filing other forms
- Invoice Matching
- Late Fees for delay in filing GST Returns
Payment of Taxes – Rules and Process
- Main features of GST payment process
- Payment Options
- All other intricacies related to Payment of GST
Reverse Charge Mechanism and Related Developments
GST – Accounts Maintenance and other Key Areas
- Classification of Goods and services
- Maintenance of Accounts
- Tax Invoice, Bill/Cash Memo
- Debit Note/ Credit Note
Session 4:Key Compliance Issues still left in the bucket Post Migration
- Input/ Input services in transit
- Last Returns before GST Returns
- Input on Tax Paid Stock
- Sales Return
- Price revision of existing contracts
Amicus Advocates & Solicitors
Ashutosh is a tax lawyer with more than a decade of experience in Tax/Transfer Pricing, consulting and advisory. He is currently providing end to end GST advisory services ranging from Training to in-depth planning and impact analysis. Assisted by a team of Lawyers, Ashutosh is assisting companies in evaluating implications of the new GST law, analysing the legal/financial impact, and devise systems, processes and control framework for successful migration to GST.
Ashutosh has successfully represented several multinational companies before tax authorities in Transfer Pricing/ International Tax audits and advised companies on several complex Transfer Pricing matters. He has been instrumental in advising and shaping the Transfer Pricing policies of Corporates including a telecom major and an e-learning giant. His International Taxation experience encompasses all aspects of Transfer Pricing advisory, compliance and litigation services (including representation at higher appellate levels).
He has been rated as the Transfer Pricing Lawyer of the Year by Finance Awards and Tax Law Firm of the Year (2016) – Acquisition International Awards. He is highly recommended by Legal 500 (2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017) for Transfer Pricing advisory and dispute resolution services.
Jgarg Economic Advisors
Gaurav is a Chartered Accountant with more than 13 years of post-qualification experience in the field of Taxation. He did his article ship from prestigious Delhi based Chartered Accountancy firm – Mohinder Puri & Co and has worked with the Big4 accounting firm for 5 years. In 2009, Gaurav started his own and established niche Tax Consulting practice – JGarg Economic Advisors Pvt. Ltd.
He is a regular speaker on GST, Transfer Pricing and International Taxation at various platforms including Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Chamber of Tax Consultants and Confederation of Indian Industry. His client’s list includes MahaRatna Govt undertaking, Indian Listed Companies, and Foreign CPA Firms.
Gaurav was also invited to participate in the talk show on GST organised by national news channels, NDTV 24X7, JK 24X7 and has delivered similar talk shows at the platforms of various trade bodies.
Site No 2, Sector 44, Gurgaon
0124 - 4886400