GST Migration Masterclass (Mumbai)
The Lok Sabha on 29th March 2017 passed the Central GST Bill, the Integrated GST Bill, the GST Compensation Bill, and the Union Territory GST Bills following a nine-hour debate. The fifth legislation, the State GST Bill, will need to be passed by the Assemblies of each of the States and the Union Territories with legislature. The passage of the Bills marks a big step forward in India’s plans to rollout GST from July 1 2017. The GST Council had earlier finalised a four-tier GST tax structure of 5 per cent, 12 per cent, 18 per cent and 28 per cent. GST is just not a tax reform, it`s a much larger change with its impact on every function of a business and every sector of the economy. With the government committed to introducing GST from July 2017, its implementation in India will require a great level of coordination from all corners of business. It will also require a lot of change in the supply chain management, costing analysis invoicing methodology as well as your accounting software & documentation. It is a “cross functional” issue that can affect the entire business structure and hence require input from all key business units. So in order to adapt to the changing scenario we need to prepare well in advance.
Gearing up for changes in process, training of personal and redesigning the IT systems for being GST compliant is the need of the hour. GST implementation in India will require a great level of coordination from all corners of business. It will also require a lot of change in the supply chain management, costing analysis, invoicing methodology as well as your accounting software & documentation. It is a “cross functional” issue that can affect the entire business structure and hence require input from all key business units. So in order to adapt to the changing scenario we need to prepare well in advance.
To address this larger need of the hour, CorpKonnect is organizing a 2 Day GST Migration – An Implementation Perspective Masterclass which would throw valuable insights on what changes you need to do in your existing system and processes to comply with GST and what would be it’s impact on your business.
Objectives of the Masterclass:
- Understand the basic mechanism of GST
- Better preparedness for implementation to minimize risk
- To build practical knowledge and analysis of GST obligations
- Understanding the technology infrastructure required in GST implementation
- Smoothening your transition to GST from the existing system
Who should Attend
- CFOs, Director Finance and other Senior Finance Professionals
- Tax Heads and Senior Tax Professionals
- Indirect Tax professionals such as VP, AVP, Sr. Managers and Managers
- Tax Lawyers
- Practising Chartered Accountants
- Supply Chain Professionals, Legal Professionals and all those stake holders who get affected by GST
Technical Session 1: Introduction to GST
- The GST model in India
- Meaning of Goods and Services
- Meaning and scope of supply
- Point of Taxation
- Times of Supply Rules
Technical Session 2: Input Tax Credit
- Taking input tax credit
- Taking input tax credit in respect of inputs sent for job work
- Distribution of credit by Input Service Distributor
- Recovery of credit distributed in excess
- Transfer of input tax credit
Anti Profiteering - Impact on Industry
Technical Session 3: IGST Model for Inter State Supply
- Principles of Determination of place supply in Inter State Supply
- Levy and collection of IGST
- Place of supply of goods
- Place of supply of services
Technical Session 4
- Audit & Assessment
- Appeals & Revision
- Advance Ruling
Technical Session 5: GST Procedural Aspects
- Registrations – Migration Experience
- Late Fees for delay in filing GST Returns
- Points of caution while filing GST Returns
Technical Session 6: Valuation Mechanism
Technical Session 7: GST Impact Study
- Financial Impact
- Impact on Pricing, Costing and Margins
- Sales & Marketing:
- Impact on Support Functions - HR and Legal Functions
- Impact of IT and Supply Chain
GST Migration – Transitional Journey
Technical Session 8: GST IT/ERP Implementation
ERP / IT systems upgrade
- System Change Roadmap
- Preparation before Change
- Upgrade Methodology and Impact
- Master data transition
- Upgrade Execution
- Business process redefinition
Implementation and Going Live
Post Implementation Reviews
Technical Session 9: GST Supply Chain Preparedness
- Impact on Supply Chain
- Key considerations for Changes in Supply Chain Network
- Supply Chain Reengineering for GST
Grant Thornton India LLP
He started his career with the RPG Group (CEAT) and spent 10 years handling their sales tax matters. He also has 14 years of consulting experience with a Big 4 Firm providing high-end VAT structuring, VAT compliance project management, litigation and representational work for several large corporates across various sectors which includes Manufacturing, Real Estate, Telecom, Media, FMCG, and Pharma. In his role of project manager for several multi national companies, Biren was instrumental in structuring the transition from erstwhile Sales Tax regime to the Value Added system of taxation.
Khaitan & Co.
Dinesh Agrawal is an Executive Director at Khaitan & Co., and leads the Indirect Tax & Regulatory practice group in the Mumbai office. Prior to joining Khaitan & Co, Dinesh was a senior officer in the Department of Revenue (Customs & Excise).
Dinesh specialises in GST, Customs, Excise, Service Tax, Foreign Trade Policy, Value Added Tax, FEMA, non-tariff barriers and import-export regulatory concerns.
Dinesh has led a number of transactions to set up tax-efficient business structures, diligences & compliance audits. He also has a rich experience in handling contentious matters including representation and appearance before departmental authorities and tax tribunals. He is currently advising various multinational corporations in their transition to GST.
He is often invited as a speaker / panellist at a number of professional seminars organised by ASSOCHAM, ICAI and other industry organizations.
SKP Business Consulting LLP
Bhadresh Vyas is a Senior Manager of the Indirect Tax practice at SKP. A Chartered Accountant by qualification, Bhadresh has over 16 years of experience in indirect taxation and is well versed in sectors such as construction, infrastructure, information technology, manufacturing, petrochemicals, etc. He has substantial experience in both consulting and industry.
Prior to joining SKP, he has worked for Siemens, EY, L&T and Reliance. He specialises in handling GST impact studies, service tax and VAT compliances, supply chain set-up and distribution advisory, conducting diagnostic reviews, preparing financial models and structuring transactions to mitigate tax exposure.
Bhadresh is also experienced in conducting due diligence reviews, feasibility studies and location analysis for business establishments in India.
BDO India LLP
Dr. Shrikant Kamath is a Senior Partner in the Indirect Tax practice in the Western Region for BDO India. He has headed the Indirect tax practice in some well known Consulting Firms Shrikant’s 23 year career in Indirect Taxation includes stints with other large Firms such as Ernst & Young and BMR and also with the Department of Customs, Excise & Service Tax, Government of India
Shrikant has hand held clients across diverse sectors of the Indian economy on their multiple needs on advisory, compliance and litigation support and been omni present during inquiries, investigations, audits, conducted by the Indirect Tax Authorities.
Shrikant actively voices his views on relevant provisions of the GST legislation before the policymakers as well as in Industry forums.
He has authored a book on the evolving role of customs in emerging economies in the backdrop of the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement and Regional Trade Arrangements and regularly contributes by way of research papers / columns for projects conducted by International Institutions such as the UNCTAD, World Bank.
Director GST & Supply Chain Advisory Services
Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan
Anish Tripathi is a Mechanical Engineer (from Hyderabad) by qualification and has recently joined Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan in their Mumbai office as Director, GST & Supply Chain Advisory Services.
In L&S, Anish assists companies transform their current business models into legally compliant and efficient GST models. He is also involved in various GST-related collaborations, including the firm’s projects with leading ERP software companies, technology partners, supply chain experts and tax legal portals, to help clients achieve their business objectives. Anish brings a rich experience of over 26 years, spread across management consulting, strategy, project management, business transformation, and implementation, having previously been associated with leading accounting & law firms, and also a consulting firm of his own in the initial years.
He has a deep understanding of sectors like IT/BPO, Education, Automotive and Healthcare. He is widely travelled and has worked in the US for one year. He has conducted sessions for organizations such as FICCI, TIE, NASSCOM and CII. He was also a Charter Member at TIE Mumbai. He has done a Young Leaders management course at ISB Hyderabad, and has also undergone training in Japan with Nissan Motors.
Mr. Ranjeet Mahtani is a Partner in the Taxation practice of Economic Laws Practice (ELP) and has been with the firm since 2007. Ranjeet is qualified as an advocate and a chartered accountant, and is based in Mumbai. Prior to ELP, Ranjeet was with Deloitte Haskins & Sells.
Ranjeet advises on all direct and indirect taxation issues; and specialises in all nature of indirect taxes including central excise duty, customs duty, sales tax/ VAT, service tax and entertainment tax as also the foreign trade policy of India. He has advised and appeared across fora in litigation matters for clients in the shipping, media, banking and insurance, oil & gas, and telecom sectors amongst others.
Ranjeet is involved and engaged in various GST assignments involving Government advocacy (representation), impact analysis and transition support.
Partner - Indirect Taxation
Shah & Savla LLP, Chartered Accountants
KPMG In India
Suja has over 12 years of experience in the domain of business process consulting, supply chain management and leading SAP Implementations. She is currently involved in SAP GST implementations.
Suja has been involved in managing teams, implementation, business process review and procurement optimization projects. Her areas of specialization are Procurement, Materials Management, Quality Management and Warehouse Management. She also leads the practice for Procurement technology solutions, including Ariba and Coupa. She has Wide experience in ERP Advisory practice with focus on solutions in project management and procurement processes and optimization.
- At one of the largest Indian banks, the procurement team was significantly large and had processes specific to purchase categories. Suja led the implementation team to deliver a procurement implementation project in SAP using integration and customization with Enterprise Portal across India for each unique procurement department and its needs
- Suja was responsible for solutioning multiple large developments in Purchase Automation at a leading paints manufacturer, working to develop more effective processes and ensuring their seamless implementation into the existing framework
- At a telecom software organization, Suja was involved in the ERP implementation with focus on service and asset procurement which was the bulk of the purchase spend for India, Mexico and Finland operations of the company
- Suja led the SAP ERP implementation in a prominent Indian horticulture agribusiness dealing with export of packed and processed fruit globally including setting up of key procurement processes
- Suja was responsible for handling procurement and quality management implementations in large manufacturing organizations, such as the largest synthetic yarn manufacturer in India, and a leading fragrances and flavours manufacturer with operations in Netherlands and India
- Suja has also been involved in the supply chain domain of one of the largest telecom organizations in their India operations and has been involved in developing and implementing governance frameworks and KPIs for warehouse management
International Airport Approach Road, Next to Leela, Marol, Andheri (E), Mumbai
Registration Fees: INR 16,000 + 15% Service Tax per Delegate
Avail 10% early bird discount on 2 or more registrations till 21st April 2017
The fees would include Course Material, Participation Certificate and Lunch & Refreshments at the Hotel
Note: Partial Registrations Not Allowed. Registration has to be done for both the days.
Modes of Payment and Registration
Online Registrations through Credit/Debit Card : Click Here
For Offline registration through Cheque/DD/ and NEFT: Please contact the below mentioned:
Mob No: 8130826342