IPO - Regulations & Procedures Masterclass (Mumbai)
One of the most common sources of public funding is Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) for companies looking for capital for expansion and other strategic goals. They also serve as a hot exit option for Private Equity Investors. In last 2 years the Indian capital markets have performed very well making way for a host of IPOs for companies looking for raising capital and giving exits to their Investors. More than 150 companies came up with IPOs in 2017 and raised nearly Rs 75,000 from the capital market.
However, the objectives and risks before going public should be properly evaluated as not every company has the appetite of the need for going public. The Indian capital market is highly regulated with a host of regulations. Hence a through due diligence should has to be done before taking the decision to go public. Also, going public is a long process and hence the management must thoroughly identify the various procedures and a core team has to be formed to take care of the procedures and due diligence to be team. Also, a host of intermediaries like Lawyers, I-Bankers, Merchant Bankers are to be hired by the companies to support their CFOs, Company Secretaries and the core management team for the Project IPO.
CorpKonnect’s full day IPO Masterclass with help you learn the vast arena of the regulations, processes and procedures to look for while going for an IPO. Laos, learn on what should be the right constitution of a core Project team for going to raise finds through Initial Public Offering.
Who Should attend:
- Company Secretaries
- General Counsels, In-House Legal Counsels
- Private Equity Investors
- Any Company looking to raise finds through capital markets
Session 1: Overview of fund raising Avenues
Overview of the IPO Procedure with a Case Study
- Transaction Structuring
- Due Diligence
- SEBI Clearances
- IPO Valuation
IPO Due Diligence & Disclosures
- Due-diligence requirements
- Critical disclosure requirements (financial, business, secretarial and legal)
- Role of CFO and Company Secretary
Session 2: Preparing for The IPO Journey: A Step by Step by Approach
- Preparing for the IPO journey
- Market Timing
- Building the right management and advisory team
- Building your business and financial processes and infrastructure
- Establishing corporate structure and governance
- Managing investor relations and communications
- Attracting the right investors and analysts
- Post Issue Performance
Getting Ready for Project IPO:
- Financial Statements and Accounting
- Tax Optimization
- IT Systems
- Internal Controls
Session 3: Key regulatory framework for IPO
- Listing Regulations
- IPO eligibility norms and modes
- Dilution requirements
- Corporate Governance compliance
- Key obligations post-listing
- Liability for misstatements/ omissions in Prospectus
- Disclosure responsibilities of the Board
IPO Documentation – Legal Framework
Case Study – IPO Compliance
Session 4: A step by step guide to IPO Listing: Case Study
- Intermediary Structure
- Intermediary Selection and their Roles
- Legal Agreements undertaken by the Issuer Company
- Disclosures in the Offer Document
- Key Internal Approvals for Board and Shareholders
- IPO Grading
- Timing and Sizing the IPO
- fixed price Issues
- Book Building Process
- Listing with the exchange
- IPO Process – Book Built Issue
- Execution Process Timeline
- Fast Track Issue
Khaitan & Co.
Abhimanyu Bhattacharya is a Partner in the Capital Markets practice group in Mumbai. Prior to joining Khaitan & Co,
Abhimanyu was a Partner in the capital markets practice at Amarchand & Mangaldas & Suresh A. Shroff & Co. in Mumbai.
Abhimanyu has significant experience in various capital markets transactions, including initial and follow-on public offers, rights issues, qualified institutions placement, ADR/GDR and FCCB offers and offshore high yield bonds. Abhimanyu is a member of the visiting faculty at the BSE Training Institute.
In his area of expertise, Abhimanyu has represented and advised clients, including:
- Legal counsel to issuers on initial public offerings (IPOs) by Bharti Infratel Limited, Credit Analysis and Research Limited (CARE), Speciality Restaurants Limited; Future Ventures India Limited, Ashoka Buildcon Limited, Indiabulls Power Limited, Central Bank of India, HDIL, Binani Cement Limited and Advanta India Limited; and
- Legal counsel to the issuer on the fast track, ‘hardunderwritten’ follow-on public offering by Tata Steel Limited.
Qualified Institutions Placements
- Legal counsel to issuers on qualified institutions placement (QIPs) by Idea Cellular Limited, Yes Bank Limited, SKS Microfinance Limited, HDIL, Indiabulls Real Estate Limited, GVK Power and Infrastructure Limited and 3i Infotech Limited; and
- Legal counsel to book running lead managers on qualified institutions placement by HDIL and SKNL.
- Legal counsel to issuers in rights issues by Tata Steel Limited, Tata Investment Corporation Limited, The Indian Hotels Company Limited (Taj Group) and The Tinplate Company of India Limited; and
- Legal counsel to issuers on underwritten rights issue by Tata Motors Limited, which included an issue of equity shares with differential rights as to voting and dividend.
Sr. VP - Head Equity Capital Markets
ICICI Securities Ltd
Pranjal has over 20 years of experience in the corporate finance and investment banking industry in India, Pranjal has experience in managing varied equity and debt products, including initial public offerings, follow on offerings, private placements, qualified institutional placements, international offerings and also products such as tender offer, buyback offer and delisting offer.
Pranjal heads the Equity Capital Market (ECM) business at ICICI Securities He has been instrumental in building the capital markets practice at ICICI Securities over the last few years. He is currently responsible for overall origination, structuring and execution of ECM deals. He has been actively involved in successful completion of over 300 capital market transactions.
He is a graduate from Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics and a qualified Chartered Accountant from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He is a member of CFA Institute. He has served two stints at ICICI Securities – from November 1997 to August 2009 and July 2010 to date. He spent around two years heading the London office of ICICI Securities with responsibility of originating cross border merger & acquisition transactions. Pranjal has also worked with Edelweiss Financial Services for close to a year.
Assistant Vice President
SBI Capital Markets Limited
Gitesh Vargantwar is a well-known professional with around 14 years of rich experience in legal, secretarial and finance domain with most of the experience gained in corporate finance and investment banking industry. He is presently working as an Assistant Vice President with SBI Capital Markets Limited, one of the leading investment banking Company in India and a wholly-owned subsidiary of State Bank of India. He joined SBI Capital Markets Limited as an Associate in the year 2006 and rose to the present rank in no time. Prior to SBI Capital Markets Limited, Gitesh was associated with Centrum Capital Limited, an investment banking Company, for around one and a half year and with Ispat Group for a year. He has to his credit the successful execution of more than 40 fund-raising offerings through Equity and Debt and more than 10 regulatory offerings for various prestigious clients across the industries. Fund raising through Equity issuances included the initial public offerings, follow-on public offering, rights issues, offers for sale and Qualified Institutional Placement, while the fund raising through Debt issuances included the issue of Tax-Free and Non-convertible bonds. Regulatory offerings included Open Offers, Delisting, Buy-back and Mergers and Acquisition transactions.
Gitesh is an Associate Member (A.C.S.) of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India with additional qualifications of LL.B. from ILS Law College, Pune, and bachelors and masters in Commerce from B.M.C.C., Pune
Keyur leads the Accounting and Advisory practice with BDO India. He has over 14 years of Auditing and Advisory experience spanning across various industries and is a subject matter expert on Indian GAAP, Ind AS and IFRS.
Keyur has extensive experience working with Companies Act, 2013, Reserve Bank of India (central bank in India) Circulars implementation, Related Party Manual including SEBI`s listing agreement revised clause 49 application and has more than 8 years of consulting experience on IASB IFRS. Keyur is regularly invited to speak at RBI, NIBM, CKF, CII, ASSOCHAM and ICAI. He is a special invitee on Accounting Standard Board and also a member at the RBI`s working group committee on Financial Instruments.
Mumbai International Airport Sahar, Mumbai 400 059, Mumbai
Registration Fees: INR 9,000 + 18% GST Per Delegate
Avail 10% early bird discount on 2 or more registrations till 12th Jan 2018
Note: The fees would include Course Material, Participation Certificate and Lunch & Refreshments at the Hotel
Modes of Payment and Registration:
For registration through Credit/Debit Card, Cheque/DD and NEFT: Please contact the below mentioned:
Mob No: 8130826342