GST - Current State, Issues & Challenges (Bangalore)
GST is the largest tax reform India has ever seen. Moving from multicplicty of taxes to a one tax one market scenario has no doubt broogh a lot of simplification in the realm of Indirect Taxation in India. However owing the its hasty and hurried implementation, the not so full preparation of of the Government, The Technology backbone GSTN and Tax Administration as a whole is showimg up now. There`s has been a large hue and cry in the industry owning to constant failure of the system and the presence of lorge ambiguity in critical areas. The givernment is constantly working on the pain areas and is sympethatic while listening to the industry concerns. This reflects in the changes in brought in to provide relief to the exportes and small businesses in the GST Council meeting in October 2017.
The Council has rationalised rates on over 100 commodities and made refund process easier for exporters. Also, it decided to increase the turnover threshold for composition scheme, under which businesses can pay taxes at a nominal rate from Rs. 75 lakh earlier to Rs. 1 crore. Small businesses with up to INR 1.5 crore turnover have been allowed to file returns and pay taxes quarterly, as against monthly earlier. The Government is expected to bring out further more changes and clarity in the 23rd GST Coucli Meeting scheduled on 10th Nov in Guwahati.
To keep a track of these changes and appraise its impact on the industry, CorpKonnect is hosting a Full Day Masterclass on GST - Current State, Issues and Challenges.
Objectives of the Masterclass:
- Understand the current structure of GST
- Understand the recent changes in the law
- Address your pain points and concerns related to returns filing
- To build practical knowledge and analysis of GST obligations
- Understanding the Key areas of Input Tax Credit
- Get answers to your queries on transitional credit and related issues
Who should Attend
- CFOs, Director Finance and other Senior Finance Professionals
- Tax Heads and Senior Tax Professionals
- Indirect Tax professionals such as VP, AVP, Sr. Managers and Managers
- Tax Lawyers
- Practising Chartered Accountants
- Supply Chain Professionals, Legal Professionals and all those stake holders who get affected by GST
Technical Session 1: Current structure of GST
- Issues Related to Exports and Latest Developments
- Various Supply Related Issues
- Reviews of various writs filed in High Courts
- Concept of High Sea Sales
- GST Implications of Sale of Capital Goods
- Payment of GST on advance Payments and recent changes in Law
- Issues related to Free Supply
Technical Session 2: Input Tax Credit Issues
- Journey till now
- Pressing Issues with Transitional Credit
- Claim and Restrictions
- Distribution of Credit by ISD
- Issues related to place of Business
Anti-Profiteering – How it is going to be like
Technical Session3: Place of Supply including cross border transactions
Technical Session 4: Issues Related to Returns:
- Major Pain Points in Filing Returns – Experience till now
- Mismatch in returns and way forward
- Common Mistakes in return filings
- Valuation of inter branch transactions from returns perspective
Works Contract Related Issues with Latest Developments
Principal Partner & Country Head
Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan
Mr. Shivadass is an experienced advocate with more than 22 years of standing at the bar. He specializes in the areas of Central Excise, Customs, EXIM policy, Anti-Dumping Issues, Service Tax and Value Added Tax. He also handles issues under Direct Tax, Corporate Law and Intellectual Property Rights.
Before entering into private practice, Mr. Shivadass has served in various positions in the Department of Revenue for a period of 12 years. In all he has experience of over 34 years in the field of taxation.
Presently he is a Principal Partner of Firm Lakshmi Kumaran & Sridharan, and is heading the Firm’s office at Bangalore. He is well respected at the legal forums like Tribunals, various High Courts at Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Kolkata Delhi and the Supreme Court of India.
He has delivered lectures on indirect tax issues, patent laws and international trade laws at various forums including ICAI Chapters and CII Chapters at Bangalore, Mysore, New Delhi, Pune, Hyderabad, Kochi, Thrissur, Thiruvanathapuram, and Coimbatore. He also delivered several lectures before gatherings organized by Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Bangalore.
Director - Indirect Tax
KPMG In India
Sandip has experience of over 12 years in Indirect Tax Consulting and working with KPMG from May 2011. He has been assisting variety of Clients in various industry segments on Indirect Tax Advisory and Compliance related matters in areas of Service Tax, Value Added Tax, Central Excise among other Indirect Taxes. He has been closely involved in the work with major Clients and has assisted in all Indirect Tax related matters including GST implementation for Automobile Clients, FMCG, Apparels, IT/ITeS, Aerospace, e-commerce etc.
He has been closely involved in the work with major Clients and has assisted in all Indirect Tax related matters including Manufacturing, Automobile, E-commerce, STPI / SEZ / EOU related set-up of Clients undertaking R&D operation in Bangalore including periodic compliances and procedures. Has assisted Clients in streamlining and structuring their internal business processes and avail the Indirect Tax benefits. He was also involved in business structuring / modeling and Supply Chain / procurement restructuring of various MNC Clients
93, Richmond Road, Langford Gardens, Bengaluru
080 - 43484348
Registration Fees: INR 8,500 + 18% GST Per Delegate
Avail 10% early bird discount on 2 or more registrations till 10th Nov 2017
Note: The fees would include Course Material, Participation Certificate and Lunch & Refreshments at the Hotel
Modes of Payment and Registration:
Online Registrations through Credit/Debit Card :
For Offline registration through Cheque/DD/ and NEFT: Please contact the below mentioned:
Mob No: 8130826342